Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Surviving....

Just a little over a year after my set back - I think I am mastering new life.  I just came home from a 10 day vacation with my family and am proud to report I SURVIVED!   Ask me this time last year if I ever thought I could travel for 10 days and I would have for sure answered NO!

I'm so thankful for the amazing doctors and nurses behind me.  And more so my amazing Family and Friends!  The medicines I am currently on seem to be doing the trick for the most part.  I'm not going to lie - I do have to be careful and watch what I do and eat.  But I am managing it!  New normal right?  That was what I was aiming for!

So - I now live my live in 8 week cycles.  I receive my Remicade infusion and then the 8 weeks begins!  Plan as much as possible the important stuff in the beginning of the 8 week cycle.  Kind of sucks when you think about it - having to plan that much and always be counting weeks!  But I will take it for now because I am in such a better place than I was last year!

My doctor is ordering a new set of tests this cycle - he wants to check the levels of the Remicade in my body at the 4,6 and 8 week marks.  I am hopeful that if it shows very small amounts as early as 6 weeks then I can get my infusion cycle time frame increased.  That would mean feeling better more often!  Yeah for that!!!!

Here are a few pics of me with my family on the vacation I not only SURVIVED but had a great time and created so many Magical memories!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment