Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2012.....fresh starts - I hope!

2012 began with a colonoscopy for me! Fun times huh? I know you are jealous. I was actually really looking forward to it. It had been a little over a year since my last one. In December 2010 my colonoscopy was bad - very bad! My doctors words to me were "we can't let your colon keep looking this way!" So - flash forward to January 2012 - words from doctor this time were more like "if I didn't know better I would say you had no disease in your colon at all!"

Well - what does all that mean?

Basically it means that the Remicade infusions are working well! They seem to be healing my colon to about 90%. That is very good news. My lovely insurance company will still only pay for them every 8 weeks though. So - for about 2-3 weeks out of every 8 weeks I have increased pain and sometimes extreme discomfort but for the most part I am fighting through this lovely disease.

My new years resolution this year consisted of one main thing.......BEING HEALTHY AND STAYING OUT OF THE HOSPITAL! So far so good! Lets prays that I can maintain this state and push though the bad times....because finally the good are out weighing the bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment